Sunday, February 21, 2010

With all due respect to Olympians

A note on Vancouver 2010:

The Luge and the skeleton freak me out. If whizzing down an ice pipe at 90 miles an hour with my face 4 inches from disaster is what it takes to be an Olympian, count me out. (She says confidently, as if her vanity regarding her facial structures is the only thing keeping her from Olympic glory...)

But here's what really gives me the heebie-jeebies:

The two man luge.

At what point did one man in a tight rubber suit look at another man in a tight rubber suit and say, "hey buddy, come sit on my lap. We'll do this one together. What? This 2 foot sled too tiny? Nah. We'll just squish."

BYU students can opt out of answering the above question, as I'm pretty sure it violates your honor code.

2 comments:

Katie and Chad Metz said...

I pretty much think those thoughts about every outfit (costume?) the olympians wear (minus the snowboarders). They are tight and tiny and the mens figure skaters' are out of control. Period. But I guess it's "The Olympics" and no one bothers to think about such things on NBC.

Unknown said...

I'm gonna tell you one of the most kick "A" people I have ever met was on the US National team for 2 man luge so I'm going to overlook the outfit.