Friday, February 26, 2010

Outlook and outfit

While I was busy being hysterical, I got a text message from a dear friend.

"You can't control what happens to you throughout the day, but you can control two things: your outlook, and your outfit," Livia said, because she knows me. She knows that even though it's a little silly, in that moment I couldn't think about how it was all going to be ok. I needed to think about accessories instead.

So guess what. This week I wore my shiny red shoes. I wore my favorite green jacket. I put on make up and jewelry, and I made it through the week. And sometimes, that's what matters.

Outlook and outfit. Outlook and outfit. Outlook and outfit.

3 comments:

mary plus vince said...

man, she is so full of wisdome, that girl!

this is my new mantra! love it.

Liv said...

Way to go Kris!

I hope you had some confidence at the new job due to looking fabulous :)

The Rookie said...

And I bet you looked fabulous. I'm taking this mantra to heart.