Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So long, farewell...

Schmoopsie and I had been married less than a year when my craptacular Kia Rio gave up the ghost.  It was no shocker, really, and I didn't blame the lil' thing.  It served me well for a couple of years in college, and we had some good times together cruising the rural roads of Cache Valley en route to various jobs I had serving people with disabilities in their homes.

After the Kia's engine stopped working entirely, the Hubster and I proudly purchased a Honda Accord, which his coworker recently nicknamed Goldenrod.  Reliable, dependable, and super low-maintenance, Goldenrod lived up to her (his?) Honda heritage in every way. 

Today, this happened:


And it really, really hurt:


Don't worry, I don't have to sport that cute accessory around anymore.  I do, however, walk like a mannequin (do mannequins walk?  This isn't making sense. I blame the pain killers.) without turning my head at all.  I'm told tomorrow will be worse.

Most importantly, I didn't have the Bug with me.  I'm so grateful for that that I have a hard time even being upset about the rest of it.  No one was more seriously injured, which is a blessing, and I was close to home.  Though I was solidly rear-ended, I wasn't pushed into on-coming traffic or even the stopped car in front of me.  Tender mercies, all. 

And now I'm beginning to sway back and forth from the narcotics.  To bed I go.  Goodbye, Goldenrod.


5 comments:

Nielsen Familia said...

Aaaah! I'm sorry, that's scary. I'm glad you or anyone else wasn't more seriously hurt.

katelinklug said...

I'm so sorry! That is a blessing you didn't have bug! I would kill someone if I had my baby in the car. Also I'm kinda sad you don't have to sport the neck brace, I think it's a very cute look for you :)
I hope you don't hurt to bad. Do you get to stay home from work at all?

mary plus vince said...

ohmygosh!!! kris, that is so sad -- but what a tender mercy she wasn't in the car with you!

feel better, let me know if there is anything i can do for you!

Samantha Kennicott said...

Oh man, that totally sucks! I *ahem* caused a similar accident a few years ago and even though I was the one who did the hitting instead of the one who was hit, it really did hurt a lot! I'm glad your sweet babe wasn't with you! I highly recommend some massage therapy and possibly even physical therapy- I still have headaches that are related to the whiplash. Good luck with your recovery, and car shopping. :)

colette said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better today. I'm glad you're ''ok." The pic is cute, though. At least you don't have to wear one of those dog collar things. Lupe would be jealous.