Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My cup runneth over

*EDIT #1- Note the new hyperlink to Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. You'll love it.


I'll admit it: for the last couple of days, I have been mentally crafting a positively brilliant post (if I do say so myself), full of my ever-present wit and charm (tempered with my loads of humility, naturally), detailing the woes of my ridiculous working schedule of late and the consequential mounds of laundry and dishes to be tackled.

I've changed my mind.

I heart President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.


So instead, I'll spend the time I would've spent crafting snide little remarks re-reading his talk. But first, this list of small (and not so small) things I am happy about.

-Those little booty-things that allow me to wear flats without visible socks.

-My sweetheart, who tackled the mounds of laundry and dishes for me, made me a deliciously naughty quesadilla at 12:25 last night when I was finally home from work, and makes the best darn CrystalLight anywhere.

-Yesterday, I had exactly 10 minutes to be at home between hospitals of employ. And I had exactly 10 minutes left of an old Jon & Kate Plus 8 episode left. Tender mercies, indeed.

-My dog drinks out of the toilet. And she loves me.

-My new discovery: Light Chocolate Soy Milk.
-Down comforters
-Last Friday, I needed a sewing machine. Last Thursday, Kinzy bought one. BFFs, indeed. (And see what she did over the weekend, here!)
-My toenails are painted red.

-My new office has a blank wall crying out for my framed degrees. And I'm hanging the Utah State one on top. Go Aggies!
-For my one year anniversary, the company I work for gave me a blue, rubbery alien man with a digital clock that doesn't keep time. (Anyone remember the
light egg?) I giggle everytime I see it. Oh, and I can bend his arms and legs. And his head can double as a paperclip. Simple joys, indeed.

-It's September and still 80 degrees. Warms my heart, and my toes.

Happiness
is my heritage.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Yay for happy lists and our blessings.

I too love red toenails
and can I just say, trauma calls until midnight=booo!