Friday, April 11, 2008

#1 on the list of things I never thought I'd do.

It's not so much that blogging is my favorite way to spend leisure time. Leisure time is easy to fill with lots of grand, entertaining adventures and/or trips to the bathtub with a book. Rather, blogging is my favorite way to spend time I should be spending on other, more productive activities. Like working.

Nevertheless, onward.

It was only a matter of time before Mary or Kinzy ratted me out. After all, blogging about a thing means it's real. Now I'm truly bound to the idea of lumbering my way through a half marathon. (Reminds me of that quote from the Grandpa on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: "And the big brown bear came lolloping over the mountain"- partially because 'lollop' is a brilliant descriptive word for me in a hurry, and partially because I haven't shaved my legs in a long time-- bearlike.) Anyway, bad ankles, horrid form, and documented history of failure at all things athletic aside, I intend to conquer 13 miles with two stylish ladies on either side.

July 19, 2008's the big day.

For a good laugh, come stand at the finish line. I'll be there...eventually.

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am very proud of you! It doesn't matter when you finish...you are making the effort. Kudos!


I don't run unless something is chasing me...what am I saying?..something chasing me wouldn't be motivation enough. Hmmmm...maybe if I were on fire?...

vince said...

Kris, if the going gets tough, you can always use our "running" method from 11th grade gym class. After all, it always fooled Mr. Smith. :D