Friday, December 3, 2010

Snail mail still rules at Christmas

When I was growing up, my mom taped all of the Christmas cards we received on the back of our front door during the holiday season.  (I laughed when I went to the Johnson's house and found that they do the same thing!)  Now that Schmoopsie and I have our own front door, I hang up all the cards we get, too.  Last year, I even taped up the cards from our dentist and the guy who does our taxes.

We've had fun mailing out our own cards over the last couple of years, too.  Last year, the card also served as Buggy's birth announcement, so naturally it's my favorite so far.  I don't want to ruin any surprises here, but I will say this: we need to get some good pictures taken of the Bug now that she's a walking child, and she has an apple green pea coat to wear when we do it.  I'm giddy with anticipation already.

And that's why I'm so excited for this promotion by Shutterfly!  I absolutely love the holiday cards from Shutterfly this year, and was so excited to find a deal for 50 free cards!

I can't wait to choose the perfect layout to use for our cards this year.  So far, I love this one:


I also love the cool winter colors (but not traditional green and red) in this one:




I also like the simplicity of the Merry Blossoms:


(As a side note, I'd also like to pinch the cheeks of ALL of the adorable kiddos in these examples.  So cute!)

'Tis the Season to be jolly!

3 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

Oh my goodness! Your little girl is absolutely adorable! I can't believe how big she is! I have been slacking majorly in the blog department and am trying to be better! Hope you are doing well!

Alleman Family said...

so that looks like a great deal but it says that private blogs are not eligible. Are you cheating the system or do you know something I don't... :)

Liv said...

I'm so glad you're doing this. Who doesn't want 50 free cards just for talking about how great Shutterfly is?!