Thursday, April 8, 2010

The thing that made me laugh all the way to work

You know that part of Wizard of Oz where Dorothy opens the door and all of the sudden her dreary little black and white world has disappeared and she's wandering around in this colorful place and everything is all sparkly and full of brightly colored plastic plants? 

That's pretty much what it's like when you graduate to wireless internet, only with fewer flying monkeys.  I know it's ridiculous, but all of the sudden it seems like a basic human right to be able to blog-stalk while simulaneously rolling my eyes through the fifth We-Had-16-Kids-All-At-Once program on TLC.

So yesterday, my Daddy-o headed down to the local internet provider office and picked up his very own wireless router, and then spent the next couple of hours using his somewhat limited computer skills to set it up.  And he succeeded! (We hear he is a Wiz of a Wiz if ever a Wiz there was.)  I'm happy to announce that my parents have safely arrived in Oz.

I just didn't expect it'd be so sandy.

He swears he couldn't change it-- that the name of the network was pre-populated. 

And that's how my parents ended up with a wireless network called "Iraqi".

No comments: