Monday, January 30, 2012

Date night

After spending two long days at a professional conference this past Friday and Saturday, I was in the mood for a relaxing date night. Luckily for me, we already had one planned! Stacey and I had scored the boys some Jazz tickets for the Kings game on Saturday night so they could see Jimmer play. They had so much fun watching him play well in college that we thought seeing him in person in the NBA would be a blast. We were right!

When we eat out with the Ortons, chances are decent we'll end up at Joe Morley's BBQ, and it definitely didn't disappoint. We stuffed our faces with delicious smoked meat, and then headed downtown for the game.

Pretty much the most impressive accomplishment for the night, at least as far as I'm concerned, is that I survived the trek in from the car and up to the very. top. row. of the nosebleeds without going in to labor. It was close, but don't worry. Sherm is still right where he belongs.

(Now that it's two days later and I'm remembering how it feels to still be pregnant, I'm wondering if that's a good thing.)

Watching Jimmer was lots of fun, but the best part of the night was seeing the Jazz squeak out a victory. It was a little scary to end up with such a close game when the Kings are such a terrible team, but we got the W, so I guess all's well that ends well.


No comments: